Breaking News Instant updates and real-time market news.

GILD

Gilead

$80.38

2.01 (2.56%)

14:17
02/07/18
02/07
14:17
02/07/18
14:17

Gilead's Biktarvy HIV combo receives FDA approval

Biktarvy is a three-drug combination of bictegravir, a human immunodeficiency virus type 1 integrase strand transfer inhibitor, and emtricitabine and tenofovir alafenamide, both HIV-1 nucleoside analog reverse transcriptase inhibitors, and was approved by the FDA as a complete regimen for the treatment of HIV-1 infection in adults who have no antiretroviral treatment history or to replace the current antiretroviral regimen in those who are virologically suppressed on a stable antiretroviral regimen for at least 3 months with no history of treatment failure and no known substitutions associated with resistance to the individual components of Biktarvy, according to a post to the agency's website. Reference Link

  • 12

    Feb

GILD Gilead
$80.38

2.01 (2.56%)

01/30/18
SBSH
01/30/18
UPGRADE
Target $103
SBSH
Buy
Citi upgrades Gilead to Buy with $103 target following tax reform
Citi analyst Robyn Karnauskas upgraded Gilead Sciences to Buy from Neutral and raised her price target for the shares to $103 from $81. The drugmaker closed yesterday up $3.34 to $88.80. Tax reform could lower the company's tax rate to 22% in 2018 versus prior estimates of 28%, Karnauskas tells investors in a research note. The analyst also raised her nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and JAK-1 probability of success estimates to 50% with both Phase 3 trials expected in the next 12 months. Further, Karnauskas expects Gilead's hepatitis C virus business to stabilize by mid-2018.
01/30/18
01/30/18
UPGRADE

On The Fly: Top five analyst upgrades
Catch up on today's top five analyst upgrades with this list compiled by The Fly: 1. CVS Health (CVS) upgraded to Strong Buy from Buy at Needham by analyst Kevin Caliendo, who contended that the stock remains underowned and, unlike its peers, yet to rally beyond the expectations of benefits from the tax changes. The analyst says the company's multiple has remained constant despite the expansion in the rest of the pharma services industry, forecasting EPS growth of 8%-10% beyond the modeled $8 per share in 2019. 2. JetBlue (JBLU) upgraded to Overweight from Neutral at JPMorgan by analyst Jamie Bakier who said the company's costs are "gradually coming under control" and its balance sheet is "sound." The analyst also upgraded United Continental (UAL) to Overweight from Underweight, saying the shares are the "cheapest in the sector and among the most washed out, having declined the most from recent highs." 3. Gilead (GILD) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citi by analyst Robyn Karnauskas, who said that tax reform could lower the company's tax rate to 22% in 2018 versus prior estimates of 28%. The analyst also raised her nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and JAK-1 probability of success estimates to 50% with both Phase 3 trials expected in the next 12 months. Further, Karnauskas expects Gilead's hepatitis C virus business to stabilize by mid-2018. 4. Intel (INTC) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at Citi by analyst Christopher Danely, who said overly conservative guidance and poor sentiment from years of underperformance should drive estimates and the stock higher in the near term. He believes management's "new habit" of conservative guidance is good for the stock. 5. Albemarle (ALB) upgraded to Buy from Neutral at UBS by analyst John Roberts, who said the stock is down 23% from the November high despite no change to the outlook for lithium. The analyst attributes the pullback to larger scale lithium expansion announcements and raising concerns of potential oversupply. He believes the market is pricing in 10% annual realized price declines for Albemarle over the next few years. This list is just a portion of The Fly's full analyst coverage. To see The Fly's full Street Research coverage, click here.
01/31/18
JEFF
01/31/18
NO CHANGE
JEFF
Jefferies sees neutral impact on Biotech from State of the Union
Jefferies analyst Michael Yee sees a net neutral impact on Biotech stocks from President Trump's State of the Union speech last night. During the speech, Trump made comments about making lower drug prices a "priority" for the year, Yee tells investors in a research not titled "Drug Pricing Comments Not New or Surprising - But a Reminder of Rhetoric." The President, however, also commented on broader access to novel clinical trial drugs, Yee points out. After a "strong biotech rally" in January, the analyst assumes the sector, "at some point," will have some relative near-term pullback either on uncertainty about Trump commentary or some consolidation. Some of the analyst's Buy-rated names include AbbVie (ABBV), Amgen (AMGN), Eli Lilly (LLY) and Gilead Sciences (GILD).
02/07/18
SBSH
02/07/18
NO CHANGE
Target $105
SBSH
Buy
Gilead should be bought ahead of pipeline catalysts, says Citi
Citi analyst Robyn Karnauskas raised her price target for Gilead Sciences to $105 from $103 following last night's Q4 results. The analyst recommends buying the stock ahead of pipeline catalysts and keeps a Buy rating on the name. The base business seems to be stabilizing while gene therapy could be a potential growth area, Karnauskas tells investors in a post-earnings research note.

TODAY'S FREE FLY STORIES

01:35
06/19/18
06/19
01:35
06/19/18
01:35
General news
Asian Market Wrap: »

Asian Market Wrap: The…

NOV

National Oilwell

$42.23

0.74 (1.78%)

21:02
06/18/18
06/18
21:02
06/18/18
21:02
Hot Stocks
National Oilwell launches GoConnect for monitoring equipment services »

National Oilwell Varco…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 27

    Jul

ROKU

Roku

$44.92

1.62 (3.74%)

, AMZN

Amazon.com

$1,724.06

7.81 (0.46%)

20:16
06/18/18
06/18
20:16
06/18/18
20:16
Periodicals
Roku may launch store for streaming subscriptions, Variety says »

Roku (ROKU) is looking to…

ROKU

Roku

$44.92

1.62 (3.74%)

AMZN

Amazon.com

$1,724.06

7.81 (0.46%)

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

BHVN

Biohaven Pharmaceutical

$41.61

0.82 (2.01%)

20:10
06/18/18
06/18
20:10
06/18/18
20:10
Hot Stocks
Biohaven and Royalty Pharma enter funding and stock purchase agreement »

Biohaven Pharmaceutical…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 25

    Jun

SPY

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust

$276.58

-0.42 (-0.15%)

, SPX

S&P 500

$0.00

(0.00%)

19:54
06/18/18
06/18
19:54
06/18/18
19:54
Periodicals
U.S. Trade Rep asked to identify $200B in China goods for 10% tariff, CNBC says »

In a separate report,…

SPY

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust

$276.58

-0.42 (-0.15%)

SPX

S&P 500

$0.00

(0.00%)

FXI

iShares China Large-Cap ETF

$46.25

-0.565 (-1.21%)

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

SPX

S&P 500

$0.00

(0.00%)

, SPY

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust

$276.58

-0.42 (-0.15%)

19:39
06/18/18
06/18
19:39
06/18/18
19:39
General news
Breaking General news story on S&P 500, SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust »

S&P 500 e-mini…

SPX

S&P 500

$0.00

(0.00%)

SPY

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust

$276.58

-0.42 (-0.15%)

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

SPX

S&P 500

$0.00

(0.00%)

, SPY

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust

$276.58

-0.42 (-0.15%)

19:35
06/18/18
06/18
19:35
06/18/18
19:35
General news
Trump directs USTR to identify $200B in China goods for tariffs, Bloomberg says »

Trump says he intends to…

SPX

S&P 500

$0.00

(0.00%)

SPY

SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust

$276.58

-0.42 (-0.15%)

FXI

iShares China Large-Cap ETF

$46.25

-0.565 (-1.21%)

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

INTU

Intuit

$209.07

0.14 (0.07%)

19:30
06/18/18
06/18
19:30
06/18/18
19:30
Upgrade
Intuit rating change at Stifel »

Intuit upgraded to Buy…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 10

    Jul

DPS

Dr Pepper Snapple

$121.77

0.32 (0.26%)

19:26
06/18/18
06/18
19:26
06/18/18
19:26
Downgrade
Dr Pepper Snapple rating change at Stifel »

Dr Pepper Snapple…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

T

AT&T

$32.20

-0.97 (-2.92%)

, NFLX

Netflix

$390.27

-1.56 (-0.40%)

19:24
06/18/18
06/18
19:24
06/18/18
19:24
Periodicals
AT&T plans to reduce commercials and offer smaller cable bundles, Reuters says »

The CEO of…

T

AT&T

$32.20

-0.97 (-2.92%)

NFLX

Netflix

$390.27

-1.56 (-0.40%)

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 18

    Jun

  • 16

    Jul

TSLA

Tesla

$370.78

12.76 (3.56%)

19:14
06/18/18
06/18
19:14
06/18/18
19:14
Periodicals
Tesla to cut hundreds of jobs at Fremont plant, SVBJ reports »

Tesla has informed state…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 09

    Jul

  • 10

    Jul

  • 12

    Jul

ZTCOY

ZTE Corp.

$0.00

(0.00%)

19:03
06/18/18
06/18
19:03
06/18/18
19:03
Periodicals
Senate passes military funding bill that reimposes sanctions on ZTE, CNBC says 

Reference Link

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 10

    Sep

PLM

PolyMet Mining

$1.02

0.005 (0.50%)

19:01
06/18/18
06/18
19:01
06/18/18
19:01
Hot Stocks
Senate passes land exchange between PolyMet, U.S. Forest Service »

The U.S. Senate passed…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

VIVE

Viveve

$3.82

0.09 (2.41%)

, ACAD

Acadia

$15.82

0.05 (0.32%)

18:50
06/18/18
06/18
18:50
06/18/18
18:50
Hot Stocks
On The Fly: After Hours Movers »

HIGHER: Viveve Medical…

VIVE

Viveve

$3.82

0.09 (2.41%)

ACAD

Acadia

$15.82

0.05 (0.32%)

FLNT

Fluent

$2.90

(0.00%)

CL

Colgate-Palmolive

$63.30

-1.43 (-2.21%)

PAGS

PagSeguro Digital

$32.16

-1.24 (-3.71%)

TELL

Tellurian

$10.87

-0.19 (-1.72%)

DEA

Easterly Government Properties

$20.17

0.14 (0.70%)

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 19

    Jun

  • 25

    Jun

  • 19

    Jun

  • 19

    Jun

  • 22

    Jun

DENN

Denny's

$15.82

0.085 (0.54%)

18:43
06/18/18
06/18
18:43
06/18/18
18:43
Hot Stocks
Denny's CEO sells 48,767 common shares »

In a regulatory filing,…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 19

    Jun

PI

Impinj

$22.25

-0.13 (-0.58%)

18:38
06/18/18
06/18
18:38
06/18/18
18:38
Recommendations
Impinj analyst commentary at Piper Jaffray »

Impinj price target…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

AAL

American Airlines

$42.44

-0.32 (-0.75%)

18:27
06/18/18
06/18
18:27
06/18/18
18:27
Periodicals
American Airlines affiliate PSA sees more flight cancellations, Bloomberg says »

American Airlines…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 26

    Jun

FLNT

Fluent

$2.90

(0.00%)

18:16
06/18/18
06/18
18:16
06/18/18
18:16
Hot Stocks
Fluent CEO discloses purchase of $250K in common stock »

Fluent CEO Ryan Schulke…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

VSAR

Versartis

$2.40

-0.1 (-4.00%)

17:34
06/18/18
06/18
17:34
06/18/18
17:34
Hot Stocks
Breaking Hot Stocks news story on Versartis »

Srinivas Akkaraju reports…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

QRVO

Qorvo

$85.79

0.65 (0.76%)

17:31
06/18/18
06/18
17:31
06/18/18
17:31
Hot Stocks
Qorvo names Paul Fego as corporate VP of global operations »

Qorvo announced the…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 18

    Jun

  • 19

    Jun

GWB

Great Western

$44.43

0.235 (0.53%)

17:31
06/18/18
06/18
17:31
06/18/18
17:31
Hot Stocks
Great Western names Karlyn Knieriem chief risk officer »

Great Western Bancorp…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

WFC

Wells Fargo

$55.08

0.09 (0.16%)

17:29
06/18/18
06/18
17:29
06/18/18
17:29
Periodicals
Wells Fargo to overhaul Wealth Management business, WSJ reports »

Wells Fargo is…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 18

    Jun

  • 13

    Jul

  • 12

    Apr

  • 16

    Jul

  • 15

    Oct

RYTM

Rhythm Pharmaceuticals

$28.81

-3.8 (-11.65%)

17:27
06/18/18
06/18
17:27
06/18/18
17:27
Syndicate
Rhythm Pharmaceuticals files $150M common stock offering »

Morgan Stanley, BofA…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

  • 25

    Jun

  • 21

    Jun

JWN

Nordstrom

$51.60

1.11 (2.20%)

17:21
06/18/18
06/18
17:21
06/18/18
17:21
Recommendations
Nordstrom analyst commentary at Tigress Financial »

Nordstrom to expand its…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

GD

General Dynamics

$195.97

0.17 (0.09%)

17:09
06/18/18
06/18
17:09
06/18/18
17:09
Hot Stocks
General Dynamics awarded $225M U.S. Navy contract modification »

General Dynamics is…

03/08/13
Wedge Partners
03/08/13
Credit Suisse
03/06/13
Citigroup
03/06/13
Barclays

See Street Research during your Free Trial

Get Full Fly Access

Breaking market intelligence sent straight to you
Our team of experts analyze every news story and filter out the noise to deliver real-time market moving news.
Up-to-date information on important industry events
Get real-time updates on events that are moving the market—from conferences and calls to syndicate announcements.
News focused on the companies in your portfolio
Create up to 12 portfolios with 150 stocks each, and see how active they are in market news.