Stratasys to increase ownership in Xaar 3D to 45% with purchase option
Stratasys has entered into an agreement with Xaar to purchase shares of Xaar 3D that will increase Stratasys's stake in Xaar 3D from 15% to 45%, with Xaar, through its fully owned subsidiary, Xaar 3D Holdings, having the remaining 55%. In addition, the agreement includes an option for Stratasys to acquire the remaining shares of Xaar 3D. The transaction is subject to Xaar plc shareholder approval. The strategic investment by Stratasys is intended to enable Xaar 3D to accelerate the development of its additive manufacturing solutions based on High Speed Sintering technology. These solutions are designed for end-use parts applications in low-to-medium production volumes, primarily in the industrial segment. The purpose of the Xaar 3D joint venture is to develop High Speed Sintering additive manufacturing solutions that Stratasys can bring to market.