Mountain Province Diamonds provides update on Gahcho Kue Mine exploration
Mountain Province Diamonds provided an update on the exploration program currently ongoing in the Southwest Corridor area of the Gahcho Kue mine site. The Southwest Corridor area has been recognized as containing diamondiferous kimberlite that is not included in the project resource statements. A geophysical program was carried out in the fall of 2017. Approximately 70% of the ground gravity survey was completed in the fall, and has identified a potential target. The remaining 30% of the survey will be completed in February, including infill stations to complete the assessment of this new target. A 17 hole exploration drill program in the Southwest Corridor was commenced in November 2017. The kimberlitic zone is comprised of kimberlite and breccias with variable granite content. Analysis of the results of the current drill program is expected to be completed in mid 2018, with the goal of estimating a resource for the Southwest Corridor area for eventual incorporation into the Gahcho Kue mine plan. Mountain Province Diamonds is a 49% participant with De Beers Canada in the Gahcho Kue diamond mine, located in Canada's Northwest Territories.